Finding the right therapist can be difficult. How do you know who is best for you? The tips below can help you narrow down the box and find the one that works best for you.
1. Interview multiple therapists. I would suggest meeting at least three people. Some therapists offer free consultations, while others charge a minimum consultation fee. However, it's worth spending a little money upfront to find the right therapist. You can also click here for more info about therapists in Los Altos.
Image Source: Google
2. Ask family and friends. Going to a therapist is becoming more socially acceptable than ever before. Asking for help shouldn't be seen as a weakness. If your family or friends are willing to suggest a therapist, they have positive experiences with the chance to be a good therapist.
3. A picture means a thousand words. Most therapists have photos online. This can be an easy way to quickly find and see who catches your eye.
4. Theoretical orientation. There are almost as many ways to do therapy as there are therapists. Some therapists like to assign homework, some like to study the past, and others have different styles together.
5. Call your therapist at the right time. It may be tempting to just set up an email consultation, but you can tell a lot from a phone call. Did the therapist call you on time?